EL SEGUNDO, CA (September 5, 2013) – Renowned Japanese game company LEVEL-5, best known for the critically acclaimed PROFESSOR LAYTON, INAZUMA ELEVEN and NI NO KUNI, has released LAYTON BROTHERS MYSTERY ROOM, a crime-solving adventure game featuring enigmatic cases and new mysteries for the Android operating system. Previously only available on iPhone / iPad / iPod touch, the game can now be downloaded for free on select Android devices in North America and Europe with two initial cases to solve, with additional cases available as in-app purchases for players who find themselves engrossed in the extraordinary adventure of the son of world-beloved Professor Layton.
“Bringing the Professor Layton spin-off to Android with LAYTON BROTHERS MYSTERY ROOM continues the great success LEVEL-5 experienced with the iOS release of the game earlier this summer,” said Akihiro Hino, President and CEO of LEVEL-5. “Android users can now join in the fun, solving fascinating crimes that create the same sense of page-turning allure as a mystery novella.”
LAYTON BROTHERS MYSTERY ROOM assembles the finest detectives of Scotland Yard who take on only the most extraordinary and twisted cases in what is known as the “Mystery Room.” The game features genius investigator, Inspector Alfendi Layton and his newly assigned assistant, Detective Constable Lucy Baker, who must delve into each case’s dark secrets -- but it’s up to the player to investigate the evidence, find the contradictions, and unravel the truth that lies shrouded in mystery.
LAYTON BROTHERS MYSTERY ROOM gameplay features include:
• Investigate the Crime Scene: Uncover the details behind each crime as you zoom in and examine suspicious objects to add them to your mounting list of evidence. Piece them together to form an airtight case.
• Cut Through the Web of Deceit: Expose the crucial contradictions in the case files as you match them with evidence that just doesn’t add up. Call in the witnesses and find out if they have anything to hide.
• Face the Culprit in the Final Showdown: These criminal masterminds won’t make solving their heinous crimes easy. Find the holes in their arguments until their lies shatter around them, bringing the truth of each mystery to light.
• Nine Cases to Solve: The game will release free on Android and will include the prologue and two cases. Additional case files will be available as separate in-app purchases (Case File Pack 1 including File No. 003-006 will be available for $2.99 USD / €2.69 / ₤1.99 and Case File Pack 2 including File No. 007-009 will be available for $1.99 USD / €1.79 / ₤1.49). The first two free cases include:
o File No. 01: “The Hand Sandwich”: A woman was found murdered at the seaside hotel of a bustling travel destination. Her asphyxiated body lies on the balcony with one hand inside the sandwich that was to be her last meal. Who is guilty of murder? What is the significance of the sandwich?
o File No. 02: “The Bungled Burglary”: A man was murdered inside his apartment. Two suspects emerge based on eyewitness testimonies, but the murder weapon seems to have vanished into thin air. Who is the perpetrator, and what kind of murder weapon disappears from a locked room?
• Alfendi Layton’s Secret: As you expose the contradictions and culprits throughout each case, you may catch glimpses of a drastic change that occurs in Inspector Layton’s personality… Uncover the truth of Layton’s condition by solving the mystery of all nine files.
• Compatibile Devices: Android devices (more than 512MB of available memory is required); iPhone 3GS or later, iPod touch 4th generation or later, iPad 1st generation or later, iPad mini
• Required OS: Android 2.3 and up; iOS 4.3 or later
LAYTON BROTHERS MYSTERY ROOM is available in North America and Europe for select Android devices today via Google Play™ as a free download, with Case File Pack 1 available for $2.99 USD / €2.69 / ₤1.99 and Case File Pack 2 available for $1.99 USD / €1.79 / ₤1.49. The title remains available on iPhone /iPad / iPod touch under the same pricing. More information on LAYTON BROTHERS MYSTERY ROOM can be found online at http://level5ia.com/mystery-room/.
LAYTON BROTHERS MYSTERY ROOM is available in English only in all territories, except for Japan where it is available in Japanese.
LEVEL-5 Inc. plans, creates, and markets videogame software in Japan. The company’s flagship PROFESSOR LAYTON series has shipped over 15.0 million units worldwide, while the mega-hit INAZUMA ELEVEN series has shipped approximately 6.5 million units worldwide. The Little Battlers eXperience animated series, based on the hugely successful games of the same name, will soon make its western debut in Europe and the Americas. The company recently released Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for North America and Europe, featuring animations by the Academy Award-winning Studio Ghibli, and music by Joe Hisaishi. In September 2010, LEVEL-5 Inc. opened an office in Southern California. While maintaining its base as a game company, LEVEL-5 Inc. continues to actively explore collaborations with other media, as it strives to become a world-class entertainment brand. More information on LEVEL-5 Inc. can be found at http://www.level5ia.com and http://www.level5.co.jp/.
©2013 LEVEL-5 Inc. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
# # #
Contact (press only) (North America):
Matt Frary/Brandon Smith
Contact (press only) (Europe)